As Halloween approaches, Grand Rapids is gearing up for a weekend filled with exciting and spooky events. Despite the weather forecast featuring some rain, there’s no shortage of indoor and family-friendly activities. Whether you’re a fan of tattoos, Harry Potter, cultural celebrations, or pumpkin carving, there’s something for everyone in the Grand Rapids area. Here are five fun things to do this Weekend:
- Grand Rapids Tattoo Festival at DeVos Place
This Weekend, prepare to be amazed by the world of tattoos at the Grand Rapids Tattoo Festival. Over 200 of the world’s finest tattoo artists will gather at the DeVos Place Convention Center, showcasing their exceptional skills. The three-day event promises a fantastic experience with tattoo competitions, fine art, live performances, and charity fundraisers.
- Date: October 27th – October 29th
- Time: Friday 12 p.m. – 10 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Location: DeVos Place Convention Center, 303 Monroe Ave. N.W.
- Tickets: Single-day passes for $30, Weekend passes for $65. Buy Tickets
- ‘Haunted Hogwarts’ at the B.O.B.
They are calling all Harry Potter fans! The B.O.B. in downtown Grand Rapids is transforming into a “Haunted Hogwarts” this Weekend. Both kids and adults can enjoy the wizarding world of Harry Potter, featuring themed drinks, a Hogwarts-themed photo booth, live entertainment, and a costume contest.
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 28
- Junior Haunted Hogwarts (Kids-Friendly): 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Adult-Only Party: 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Location: The B.O.B., 20 Monroe Ave. N.W.
- Tickets: $50 per person in advance, $60 at the door. Kids under 12 are free. Buy Tickets
- Día de Los Muertos Festival at Roosevelt Park
Join the vibrant and cultural celebration of Día de Los Muertos at Roosevelt Park in Grand Rapids. This event is an opportunity to honor and remember loved ones who have passed away. The festival features a Day of the Dead procession, along with cultural and educational activities for the community.
- Date: Oct. 28 (5 p.m. – 7 p.m.) and Oct. 29 (3 p.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Procession: October 29th, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m., starting at Grandville Avenue Arts & Humanities
- Location: Roosevelt Park, 1340 Godfrey Ave S.W.
- Day of the Dead Procession: Meet at Grandville Avenue Arts & Humanities at 12:30 p.m.
- Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids Halloween Noogiefest
Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids welcomes families for a free and fun Halloween Noogiefest. This spooktacular event offers a range of activities and games for kids and their families. You can look forward to ghoulish games, crafts, pumpkin carving demonstrations, and even a chance to win a carved pumpkin in a raffle.
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 28
- Time: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Location: Gilda’s Club, 1806 Bridge St. NW
- Note: Costumes are encouraged but should not include weapons or masks that fully cover the face or head.
- Live Giant Pumpkin Carving at Rosa Parks Circle
Get into the Halloween spirit with live giant pumpkin carving at Rosa Parks Circle. Watch as massive pumpkins, one weighing 1,600 pounds and the other 1,100 pounds, are skillfully carved. The event is free and open to the public, and candy will be handed out. For parking, street meters are recommended.
- Date: Friday, Oct. 27
- Time: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Location: Rosa Parks Circle, 135 Monroe Center St. NW
Whether you’re fascinated by the art of tattooing, enchanted by the world of Harry Potter, or intrigued by cultural celebrations, Grand Rapids has an array of exciting events to offer this Weekend. Don’t let the rain deter you from experiencing the fun and festivities in this vibrant Michigan city.